Re: [xsl] Text based stage play scripts to XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Text based stage play scripts to XML
From: jeroen@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:46:08 +0100
This sounds like an up-tagging issue again, like the one discussed for dictionaries a short while ago. Unless you have some formal description of the format, for which you can write a formal parser, and the amount of material exceeds what can
be decently handled interactively by a smart human, I would not try to engineer a full-blown solution to the problem.

May take on it would be to again program a bunch of small throw-away programs (not necessarily in XSLT; Perl is often your friend in such cases), that, when run in sequence will get you close enough to the desired output, and finally tweak the result to make it match your target schema.

Jeroen.

Quoting Jacobus Reyneke <jacobusreyneke@xxxxxxxxx>:

In short:
I need to identify strings of text (probably using regular
expressions) and wrap them as XML elements. However, the problem is
sufficiently complex that I may need to find text based on text- and
structural patterns before and after the text. I then need to
encapsulate this text with tags.