Re: [xsl] Line feed in xalan, disappears

Subject: Re: [xsl] Line feed in xalan, disappears
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 12:15:40 -0500
On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 10:47 +0000, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 17/11/2012 10:13, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> The resulting text, is concatenated where there's a line feed
> > (x0A). for for example if I have in my xml:
> >   <message>I love xslt</message>
> > and in my xslt: <xsl:value-of select="message" />
> >   Then the results is:
> >
> > I lovexslt

I'm not seeing a line feed.

Check the character you have there very carefully, e.g. using a hex dump
or binary editor: maybe it's a non-breaking or thin space, and maybe
it's not defined in the character encoding you've specified in the XML
declaration in your input XML file.

Try running the XSLT transform on the command-line and seeing if there
are warnings.

Is the *actual* text "I love xslt" or is this just an example? Does the
actual text have an accented character just before or after the
"missing" space?

Liam