Re: [xsl] Does the count() function require access to the whole subtree?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does the count() function require access to the whole subtree?
From: Graydon <graydon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 02:44:39 -0500
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 08:06:49AM +0100, Wolfgang Laun scripsit:
> There is a term denoting the relationship between x and y, x's
> ancestor, or vice versa: x and y are "in the same line of descent."

In biology, the descendants of a common ancestor are a clade.  ("An
ancestor and all its descendants", usually.)

"Clade" comes from ancient Greek for "branch".

I don't see "branch" as a confusing terms for this concept; "x and y are
in the same branch".

> Re "overlap": Temporal operator definitions for expressing the
> relationships between intervals in time take pains to denote between
> "overlaps" and "includes", and I think "inclusion" is absolutely
> preferrable for the node relationship under discussion, too.

Isn't this is the sliding versus tumbling windows distinction out of
XQuery 3.0?.

If it is, presumptively there's some XSLT 3.0 equivalent language
already?

-- Graydon