Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!
From: "Abel Braaksma (Exselt)" <abel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:35:29 +0100
On 28-3-2014 17:21, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
> My first reaction was why is this a premium feature (it is until 3.0
> reaches the cheap seats).

What do you mean by "premium feature"? I think it is just a nice-to-have
addition that serves certain otherwise awkward use-cases, as explained
in bug #6848.

Oh, and what does "reaches cheap seats" mean? That 3.0 reaches Rec status?

> My subsequent reaction is surprise the content models ever differed in
> the first place.

How does adding a select-attribute to the xsl:copy instruction change
the content model, and if so, the content model of what, the XDM of the
input tree? Yes, the XDM has changed, for instance to allow function
items, but adding the select-attribute did not change it, I believe.

Cheers,

Abel Braaksma
Exselt XSLT 3.0 processor
http://exselt.net