Re: [xsl] How to do macro substitution in XPath?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to do macro substitution in XPath?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 18:24:55 -0000
>   > Here is the wanted "pure XPath" that preserves the "readability":
>   >
>   >       let $LBJ := /Book/Title eq 'Path to Power' and /Book/Author eq
'Robert A. Caro',
>   >           $RM  := /Book/Title eq 'Power Broker' and /Book/Author eq
'Robert A. Caro'
>   >         return
>   >           if($LBJ) then 'action 1'
>   >           else if($RM) then 'action 2'
>   >           else 'Error'
>   >

>   The disadvantage here is that the code doesn't have a high level of
reusability. The code as written can only be used to test a book
> element that is the outermost element of the current document. I prefer
to use functions:

In my answer I wanted to adhere strictly to the XPath expressions provided
by Roger, and not to discuss their writing style, which goes way beyond the
original question ...

Thanks,
Dimitre

On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 10:12b/AM Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <