Re: [xsl] XSLT 3.0 references?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 3.0 references?
From: "Michael Kay michaelkay90@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 20:18:19 -0000
>> I hypothesize from this that there are very few people coming to XSLT
>> from the ground up these days, only old farts updating their skills.

Very hard to assess that, there's just no reliable data. There are certainly
some, but a lot of people start with very simple XSLT 1.0 transformations, and
the favoured way of learning these days seems to be by cutting and pasting
examples. No-one seems to buy books any more (though I still get a nice little
royalty cheque from Wiley's every year, despite the book's age).

We can measure sales, which are growing year on year, but we've no idea how
much of that is existing users growing and how much is new users.

And we can monitor the number of people asking the same old beginners'
questions, which certainly shows little sign of diminishing.

Michael Kay
Saxonica