Re: [stella] Sync question and my game's bin

Subject: Re: [stella] Sync question and my game's bin
From: Keith Henrickson <flipper@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:03:09 -0600
>Actually the logic I have in mind is going to make the dots a ton tougher
>imo.  Esp if I want the game to be challenging.  Also thinking about
>having some pieces of the PF that change after you grab the different
>"prizes".  Prizes won't be too tough if I just keep track of the P0's x-
>and y-coords.  The "AI" for the killer dots will.  Any ideas?  I will be
>using missiles and the ball for those, btw.

About the AI for the killer dots....

The "killer dots" weren't that smart from what I remember.  They started
with a random "slow move" direction, and a random "fire direction".  The
slow move direction could be just about any angle.  The fire direction was
always straight up-down-left-right.  If, while the dot was doing it's
slowmove routine, it 'saw' you in it's fire direction, it would then move
REALLY fast at you.  Should be easy to do by having an dx and dy for each
killer dot, and checking the current x-y versus the player's x-y to see if
it should fire, and then changing the dx or dy to something a LOT higher.