Re: [stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.

Subject: Re: [stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 11:44:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> At 02:15 14.03.98 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >The interface hooks up to the ST's parallel port. It shouldn't be too hard
> >to build one if we could get the schematics for one. I wonder if we could
> >build one that will function fine with the software but work with the
> >2600 instead?
>
> B&C still offers the 7800 dev kits for $150 on their webpage at
> http://www.myatari.com
>
> If you are desperate enough, you could try contacting them.
> The only thing, that I would be interested in, are the manuals
> for the 2600, that came with this kit. But $150 for just the
> manuals is a bit too expensive for me.

The real question is does the dev kit contain the encryption algorithm for
the 7800?  If it doesn't, then how does one go about actually testing
their code on the 7800 in 7800 mode?  Is one forced to replace the
internal rom in the 7800 or perhaps use a 7800 from europe?

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxx

Atari 2600 Fun Facts & Info Guide / Maniac Mansion (NES) FAQ
Tom Swift Books / http://www.grfn.org/~cpepin1/index.html