Re: [stella] Cool new toy!

Subject: Re: [stella] Cool new toy!
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 21:39:49 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Chris Wilkson wrote:
> I just found another function on my o'scope.  Video mode.  Yep, I can feed
> a video signal directly into my scope and set it to trigger on any scanline.
> I'm not sure, but I think it should work on NTSC or PAL signals.  Could be
> useful for tracking down occasional glitches/cycle counting issues.

The most useful debugging tool mentioned by the classic programmers was
the HP logic analyzers.  These provided all sorts of frills.  It's kinda
over my head so I'd have a hard time explaining what they do, but anybody
who is really hard-core in their programming could probably get a lot out
of use out of these things.  I believe they clipped onto the 6502 and they
could actually disassemble code on the fly and monitor all the signals
coming off the pins.