Re: [stella] Cool new toy!

Subject: Re: [stella] Cool new toy!
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:47:27 -0800 (PST)
> > Did you mean 16550 or 1650?  I have a 1650, and if it's worth that much,
> > I certainly won't be using it much longer!  $$$
>
> I meant 16550... these are big beasts that handle at least 64 channels
> of data at a time (the one I used most had 118 channels), have touch
> screens and hard drives, and can really take a pounding.  The 1650
> series is much older, but good units are still worth a couple of
> thousand.

Ahh...I think that might be what they have back at school.  I've never used
them, but heard they were really nice.  I knew my 1650 was an older model,
worth maybe $1K.  I picked it up used at a swatmeet about 2 years ago.  The
guy said their lab was getting rid of all their obsolete equipment.  But hey!
It's great to have around...assuming I ever get the time to figure it out.  :)

-Chris