Re: [stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.

Subject: Re: [stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 14:49:09 +0100
At 18:02 14.03.98 -0500, you wrote:

>I wonder if one of the 2600>PC Parallel Port interfaces you see on some
>webpages would work with this 2600 development kit. I'd really love to
>try out the sound effects/music editor.

The ST sound tool only needs to be connected to the 7800, if you
want to hear the sound. Editing the data and saving it as source
code can be done without the interface.

But this program doesn't seem to be able to do much more than
my FTSFX program for the 2600, which still can be found on
Nick's page in the tools section. OK, FTSFX is limited to
256 changes and you would have to type up the data yourself,
but on the other side, you can hear your creations without
an interface :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg