Re: [stella] Real or not? Why?

Subject: Re: [stella] Real or not? Why?
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 98 17:09:22 -0500
>f/ Piero
>The strange thing is: why should one be working on a 2600 Battlesphere...?

LOL!!!  I think the same could be asked about _any_ 2600 game!  ;)
_Especially_ one as well-polished as Oystron!  ;)

Thanks for the laugh, and I do mean that in a good way!  :)

>f/ Eckhard
>BTW: what is so special about this game, that anyone would
>want to make up a 2600 version of it?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still hoping my Jag is good for
something other than Defender 2000 and Sensible Soccer... :-P

Actually, I think there is a parallel.  For one the appeal is similar:  A
game that looks incredibly promising coming out for a dead Atari console.
 And unless Hasbro does something crazy, the 2600 will be the first
[open-ended, multi-game playing] console for the Atari and the Jag will
be the last.  BS fans are hoping to see a game with no equal come out for
the Jag now, well after the zenith of the system that has been
painstakingly play-tested, a real first for the Jag.  I can see how the
excitement might carry over into a 2600 game.  Too bad this doesn't look
like a real one.

If only that MK2600 had been real...  ;)  Anybody else see that?

Ruffin Bailey