Re: [stella] Re: the big sprite

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: the big sprite
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 98 12:06:57 -0500
>It'd be doable with one character, or two
>with fewer stored frames, in 32k.  Any more than two characters would
>require more ROM space.  Chris Wilkson's 128k megacart could hold four
>fully-detailed...

Hey, I'm all about Sub-Zero vs Sub-Zero on the 2600!  Change the color
(well, and the ice ball to a harpoon) and *POOF* it's Sub-Zero vs
Scorpion.  I always wished someone would write Lau vs. Pai for the
Genesis with the same sort of "conservation of resources" mindset.

Don't forget to save some space for a PF-graphic of your (the designer's)
face muttering something that vaguely resembles "TOASTY!!!".  ;)

And wrt the contest winners...

TPS...
>What I like most about the game, however, is its sense of character, in
>particular, the spasmodic animation applied to downed humans.

LOL!  That really is worth an award, isn't it?  And for character, A
29!!!  (if you don't remember Puttin' on the Hits, disregard that last
inside joke ;)  Good job fellows, and there's hardly a PC I've touched
that doesn't have PCAE, TPS, and Oyst on it by now!  Looking fwd to next
year; maybe someone really _can_ get a booth at E3...

Ruffin Bailey