Re: Re: Antwort auf: [stella] Update to my game

Subject: Re: Re: Antwort auf: [stella] Update to my game
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 07:39:06 -0500
At 10:27 AM 5/6/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>>Well, I didn't figure it out yet, but I reached 14675; but my PCAE is
>>>configured to 50 fps (that's PAL frequency, 'cause I live in Austria)...
>
>>How do you do that? The frame rate depends on how many scanlines
>>your game displays so it shouldn't matter if you use it on a
>>NTSC system, a PAL system or an emulator.

These are two different items entirely.  The framerate that the 2600 runs
at is dependent on the number of scanlines per page.  The framerate that an
emulator runs at determines the refresh rate that the emulator uses to
update the emulated screen.  I haven't looked at the option on PCAE, but
with most emulators the idea is that if the emulation doesn't have to
update the screen every frame, then the emulation will work faster.

				Later,
					Bob