Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 16:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
> I believe it has all the information you'll need about the
> 3F bank-switching scheme.  The original Tigervision method only
> used 4 2K slices with made it an 8K cart.  However, if you use all
> 8 bits of 3F then you could have 256 2K slices for a total of
> 512K.  The latest version of Stella should support 3F carts of
> up to 512K so if you need the space it's their (I believe PCAE
> supports this as well).

The Tigervision hardware only supports 4-bit addressing (= 32KB).  But
it should be easy to expand to 8-bits.  Just need to add another chip.

If you don't need RAM and you're happy with a single 2K switchable
block, Tigervision is probably the way to go for now.  Basically, the
Megacart is sorta like a Tigervision cart on steroids.

> > BTW Chris, how is the Megacart going. :-)

:(

Well, all development has been put on hold.   [enter sad violin music]
I'm going back to school this fall (hopefully), and trying to end my job,
move across the continent, find a place to live when I get there, and find
a decent part-time job has taken all my energy for the past few months.
I will get back to it, but I have no idea when.  Grrrr....

> Hopefully, Stella will support the Megacart in the final 1.0
> release.  If you'd like to use it then let me know and I'll
> bump it up on the priority list.

I'd like to see it! ;)

-Chris