[stella] Trying to get back in the groove

Subject: [stella] Trying to get back in the groove
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:34:08 -0500
Well, I'm not going to blame my lack of productivity on my daughter, but
there have been a lot of factors in the last 6 months that have dissuaded
me from working on videogame related projects.  I am going to make a
concerted effort to "get back in the groove" so to speak, and to do that I
have decided to make some improvements to Distella.  I have some ideas
which I will present below, but I'd like to get some input from you!  Here
are the modifications I am planning on:

- Write a simple 6502 emulator that will allow disassembly of bank-switched
ROM
images.

- I'm thinking of rewriting the code in C++.  For no other reason than the
simple fact that I would really like to get a better working knowledge of C++.

- Have an external processor format file to allow disassembly for various
processors.

- Allow the use of the list file created by DASM during disassembly to apply
variable and label names to the source (I'll make the reason for this clear
in the next point)

- Allow disassembly into HTML format where each label and variable reference
is an HTML tag.

Any other ideas?

				Later,
					Bob