Re: [stella] Trying to get back in the groove

Subject: Re: [stella] Trying to get back in the groove
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:53:38 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: stella@xxxxxxxxxxx <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 5:46 AM
Subject: [stella] Trying to get back in the groove

>have decided to make some improvements to Distella.  I have some ideas
>which I will present below, but I'd like to get some input from you!  Here
>are the modifications I am planning on:
>
>- Write a simple 6502 emulator that will allow disassembly of bank-switched
>ROM
>images.

If you're looking for something to start off with (inspiration!), I think
that one of the better 6502 emu's is part of the VICE project.  I think I
learned more about the 6502 from the source code to this emu than anywhere
else.  It's written in C and can be found here:

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~fachat/vice/

It does ALL of the instructions.

John