RE: [stella] One Bit Sound?

Subject: RE: [stella] One Bit Sound?
From: "Robert Blazewicz" <blaze@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:14:59 -0500
Chris,

I'll ask more about the POKEY project here at work.  Several people have are
closely related to the 2600 and 7800.  I only know snippets of their
backgrounds.  The CEO, Doug Macare, designed Ms Pac Man (arcade), Pole
Position (2600), designed and lead the 7800 project.  The VP, Jacques Hugon,
did the kernel for Pole Position II (7800) and managed other projects like
Desert Falcon, and the POKEY chip in Ballblazer.  I think Tom Westberg did
ASIC designs for various arcade games (like Ms Pac Man, 2600, 7800).  One or
two other people here have similar background.

I did ask Doug, Jacques, and Tom about the 7800 encryption code.  They said
that the author is dead and if any hardcopies from the 2600 design still
exist they may be in a place called the bunker.  It is a building out back
that is stuffed with old GTI project stuff.

--Blaze