Re: [stella] some questions about the a2600

Subject: Re: [stella] some questions about the a2600
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:00:56 -0400 (EDT)
> > Actually, $FFFE is the BRK vector.  MOst games simply use this vector to store
> > 2 more bytes of data.  But it seems like there was one that actually uses a BRK.
> > Can anyone help out here?
>
> if the instruction BRK really does transfer control to the address indicated at
> $FFFE, and the address at $FFFE is altered, perhaps that could be used for

er, $FFFE is located in ROM space... good luck modifying the address there
:)

> thanks all the same, but i am just beginning to understand the mess
> that we call 6502 assembly :) and i know about as much about

6502 assembly is pretty clean (especially on this interruptless machine)
compared to stuff like x86 assembly.

> electronics as i do fixing cars, so i dont know if i could ever make
> an actual rom/eprom/whatever of any game without either
> figuring out how the 2600 handles cartridges hardware-wise or
> getting some outside help :P

What you need is a Supercharger.. if you don't know about it and want a
quick rundown, post back and I'm sure someone will help :)