Re: [stella] chip plot

Subject: Re: [stella] chip plot
From: John Saeger <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:38:30 -0700
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> If anyone can provide me with a concrete proposal as to what they think
> they can do with the chip plot, either scanning, photoreducing (I don't
> think I have the money for that anyway), and/or transcribing it into a
> vector format that I can import into Lightwave, please let me know.  If you
> think you can get a bunch of techies together and do this within a week or
> so, then I'll be all for it and I'll get approval through Joe for it to be
> lent out by me.

Well I did some calling around.  Finding a good camera isn't as easy as
it used to be, but I found a place that can reduce something that's
maybe 5 feet big.  But it's close to the limit of what they can do.  If
it's bigger than that we need to keep looking.  And of course, maybe
Chris has a better way of doing it.  Assuming a B/W image is O.K., the
cost would be around $25 for the first print at 8.5 by 11 inches, and
additional prints would be $8.49 each.  8.0 by 10.0 prints are a little
less, $8.13 each.  Plus tax.  Maybe the smaller size is better just to
be sure it can scan in one pass.  So depending on how many prints from
the original we want, the total cost could be split among whoever wants
one.

So I'd be happy to do the job, assuming I don't have to foot the entire
bill. :-)

So is anyone interested in a print at this kind of price?  (Said the
little red hen.)

John