Re: [stella] So I decided to program something...

Subject: Re: [stella] So I decided to program something...
From: Mark De Smet <desmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:21:00 -0500 (CDT)
> >Also I rember Simon having a four player mode, where each player
> >was assigned a colour. If you forgot to press your button when it was
> >your turn or when you pressed the button when it wasn't your turn,
>
> >There was another multi player mode where the player in turn had
> >to play the current sequence and then had to add another colour
>
> While a simple 2600 Simon wouldn't be much more than a programming exercise
> (IMHO), these multiplayer versions would turn it into a very nice project.

True.  I had only intended it as an exercise, but I guess I could finish
off the last few points.

> >-I havn't really decided if these will be the final button colors or
> > sounds.  My TV isn't quite normal when it comes to colors, so I'd
> > appreciate knowing better color codes.
>
> On a PAL system the lower right colour is grey, which isn't a
> good choice, since the pressed buttons are also displayed in grey.
> So to make your game more international you should at least change
> this colour.

Ya, that's what it shows on pcae.  It shows a good red color on my tv
tough.  That's why I asked, I was getting wierd results.

> > So, I decided to program something.  I wanted something that wouldn't
take
> > too long, and would not require to many(any) of the graphics tricks.
> > Hence, I decided to make "Video Simon".  Yes, Simon as in that 80's
> > electronic toy where you have to repeat the pattern it displays.
>
> Cool game.  Didn't Ralph Baer have a hand in designing the original?

Um, there was a previous version of simon for the atari?  New to me...

Still learning,
Mark