Re: [stella] Contest idea

Subject: Re: [stella] Contest idea
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:02:22 -0500
At 01:17 PM 11/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
>1)  What constitutes a completed game?  Sound FX
>necessary or no?  How advanced do the programming
>techniques need to be?  Can any mope participate, or
>do you need to come up with Activision-in-its-heyday
>type stuff?

I'd say sound's certainly not a must, but if I have a game worth 10 utils
(philosophy term) with no sound and yours is worth 10 utils with the sound
off but 12 with the sound on, I'd guess you win.  On the other hand, if
your sounds stinks and your game's worth 9 utils with the sound on, I'm not
real sure how you'd measure it.  ;)

And I've had as much fun playing Hearts as I have Tomb Raider on the PC, so
I don't think you need any Activision in its heyday stuff to have a good
game.  Okie Dokie, for instance, isn't exactly Pitfall, but is a right good
game!

Ruffin Bailey