Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)

Subject: Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 21:13:18 -0500
>Hmm, you're right, but I don't understand why.  PCAE tells me I'm on line
>232 when I do my VSYNC in each frame, which is where a whole bunch of
>commercial games end up when they do their VSYNC.  How does Stella count
>scanlines?

Because PCAE starts counting from line 0, which is the beginning of the
displayable area.  There are (usually) 37 lines of VBLANK time in each
frame before the displayable area.  So if PCAE tells you line 232, you've
probably done 232+37 = 269 scanlines, an odd number, which will cause
problems on PAL systems.

>I'll decrease the number of overscan lines by one, anyway.

Check your number of VBLANK lines as well.

>>And would it be possible that you attatch your binaries like you do
>>with your source code instead of including them as UUENCODEd text?
>
>I don't know why Eudora isn't sending them both as uuencoded text; I
>frequently send mail to people who have trouble with MIME and have sought
>to banish MIME from my system altogether.  I attach both files the same way
>(in fact I drag them both in at the same time) so it must be a peculiarity
>of Eudora.  I'll mess with the settings next time but it may not be pretty ;)

Bah, Real Mailers can handle receiving either with equal aplomb :)