Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)

Subject: Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 16:06:49 -0600
Why blow memory on a vertical position table when you can just do it right
with a physics-syle solution? You could add a second byte to the
y-coordinate for fractional accuracy, and then it's as simple as
(pseudo-code follows):

// Simple vertical bounce
// initialize
ypos = 0
yvec = 0
yaccel = 1
ybouncestrength = -100
yfloor = 200

// main loop
blitballatyposition(ypos)
yvec = yvec - yaccel
ypos = ypos + yvec
if ypos > yfloor then
        ypos = yfloor
        yvec = ybouncestrength
repeat

Hmmm... I think that's right. Note that the constants are all wild guesses.

 --
Clay Halliwell           | ATARI XL/XE   DO + THE
clay.FAKEMEAT.h@xxxxxxx  | 8 - B I T S   --------