Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)

Subject: Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 00:38:39 -0600
It would certainly be more than a 64-byte table... in addition to the
position, you need to store how long to hold the ball at each position.
Hmmm... or you could simply assume that the ball will be moving by one scan
line every data element, then code in special-case delay values for
reverse-direction and move-more-than-one-scanline.  You'll still have to
generate this table programmatically though, or it'll look terrible.

I agree that within the limited vertical space available, it'll probably
come in pretty close between a table and an algorithm.

 --
Clay Halliwell           | ATARI XL/XE   DO + THE
clay.FAKEMEAT.h@xxxxxxx  | 8 - B I T S   --------