Re: Antwort auf: OT: Saunders's quote (was Re: [stella] Obfusicated

Subject: Re: Antwort auf: OT: Saunders's quote (was Re: [stella] Obfusicated
From: Questerre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 04:20:10 EDT
OK since the topic has switched to Hitler I also have a story to tell. My
Mother was in England (Liverpool) at this same time. She also told me about
the rationing. Each family had a ration booklet. They also had very little to
eat. They were bombed nightly by Hitler's Luftwaffe.  When the bomb raid
sirens went off the whole family went to the coal cellar. One day they were
all in the coal cellar and the bombs were falling all around them. A bomb
landed right in front of their house. This was a 500lb bomb. The house was
totally destroyed above them. They were buried alive. But they were all alive
(Amazing). The next day the civil defense corps dug them out. They lost
everything except their lives. Everyone in the surrounding house were dead.
But wait there is more. They moved in with my Great Aunt I think after this.
So the next week my mother was in line at the Cinemas (movies) waiting with
her best friend to see a movie. All of a sudden they heard a planes engine,
it was a German fighter plane possibly a dive bomber. It opened fire on the
helpless people standing in line. My mothers best friend was killed
instantly, my mother was hit by a small piece of flying metal in her back and
was knocked unconscious. Her brother was in the same line and also survived
and carried her home where she recovered. The metal is still in her back by
her spine today. So Yes war is Hell and Hitler was a sick man who should have
been put down much sooner than he was and Many, Many People Suffered in that
War, so Please don't feel like you were the only ones. My stepfather was
German (since past away) and he told me a few horror stories about how he
escaped Germany Before he was forced into the army. His whole class went down
on a torpedoed ship and if he would have been on it he would have died too.
 So there you go. I guess we all have it "Very" good now! That's All Folks, -
stepping down off the Podium. Quest