Re: [stella] Alpha Source

Subject: Re: [stella] Alpha Source
From: Kurt.Woloch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:28:39 +0100
Manuel Polik wrote:

>See it as my tribute to the stella list, maybe call it payback. In no
>way I want to critisize the original work. This stuff made me learning
>how to programm the VCS. Thank you.

I think it's great... it contains a lot of routines useful for writing
games... the vertical blank routine... the object positioning routine...
even a player sharing routine... and so on...

>You'll find all credits and lots of comments at the beginning of the
>source. (Stuff like which demo was choosen and which not and why...)

>Please inform me, if I missed any stellalist demo earlier than May 97
>which is not mentioned in the source, so that I can add it in the 4K
>version.

Well, I recall sending a demo called "Jim's heart will go on" to the list
somewhere in May, June or July 1998, which displays a sinking ship and plays
a little tune that was very popular at that time...
However, this one isn't mentioned in your source code (though I didn't send
anything else, so it can't have been excluded because of another two works
of mine already being in it), and there's also no reason why it isn't in
there.
But OK, this wasn't earlier than May 97, so if you only took demos up to
that point, it'd be explainable why it isn't in there.

With love from Austria (and many demos to include)
Kurt Woloch