Re: [stella] Asteroids question

Subject: Re: [stella] Asteroids question
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:10:46 +0100
> Their are apparently some rom differences in some of the Activsion games..
like
> Space Shuttle , Decathalon, Robot Tank. These are more due to bankswitch
> schemes. I am sure Eckhard can comment more about these.

These three games were originally written with Activision's own FE
bankswitching, but when it turned out that this bankswitching scheme
doesn't work on some 7800s, Activision must have changed them to
other formats.

I have a HES release of Decathlon that uses F6 bankswiching, while
all my Activision versions of this game still are FE bankswitching.

And my screenshot style label version of Space Shuttle is FE
bankswitching, while the NTSC ROM that is floating around the net
obviously uses F8 bankswitching.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg