Re: [stella] Binary to Decimal routine (small!)

Subject: Re: [stella] Binary to Decimal routine (small!)
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 02:42:12 +1100
The balance between ROM, RAM and timing are what I really really really like
about the 2600.

You're right, of course... another byte of RAM gives me a 6 digit BCD and
simple code.

I'm guessing I didn't think of using BCD simply because of years of
programming the NES - which didn't HAVE BCD - yes, they disabled it!  I'm
glad I posted my routine for critique - for you've just saved me mmmh...
about 20 bytes and LOTS of cycles :)

I'll junk my ToDecimal routine... but it was still a fun challenge to write
:)  You know, a hex score is rather appealing, too.  Or is that apalling?
One of those :)

Thanks Erik.
Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v