Re: [stella] Qb: Latest version v0.02

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: Latest version v0.02
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:59:26 +0100
> As for speed, it is dog-slow for me, too, running Z26 under W2K... but it
is
> fast running on PCAE.  I have the speed at 'reasonable' under PCAE.  Can
> anyone comment on the speed on a real machine?

I tried it out on my PAL 7800, but your game wouldn't sync with my
TV. Push is doing 278 scanlines now, which my 7800 doesn't seem to
be able to handle. It plays fine with games that do proper 50 or
60 Hz, though.

On z26 moving a block takes almost 3 seconds and jumping from one
block to the another takes a little more than 1 second. Both
actions feel a little slow IMHO. Also the reaction time on joystick
pushes feels pretty slow too. And the animation for jumping upwards
doesn't seem to work.

As for z26 on W2K, I don't know what the problem is, but have you
tried to use a different video mode or to disable sound output?
Maybe that helps to improve things a bit.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-