Re: [stella] GunFight 2600: Limit broken again! Now help needed! :-)

Subject: Re: [stella] GunFight 2600: Limit broken again! Now help needed! :-)
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:51:15 +0100
> So all graphics are just shifted one line down. And what's the gain?
> If I understand that right, you have still to do the right timing, then
> starting from the second write, or?

If you update the two players on alternating lines, you can use
VDEL to make both players start at the same scanline. Lets say
that you write to GRP0 in the even scanlines and to GRP1 in the
odd scanlines. Also you turn on VDELP0. Now the graphics output
for both players will start in the odd scanline. This gives you
a full scanline to calculate the graphics for each player, while
you still can position both players in the same scanline.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-