[stella] bouncing games

Subject: [stella] bouncing games
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:57:42 -0800
At 01:39 PM 2/22/2001 +0100, you wrote:
Background tunes work better than "battle sounds" in cute games like this.
Here's my suggestion: find some simple 12-16 notes length melodies, possibily a different one for each "stage", or group of levels. But don't let the tune play continuosly in the background, instead play the next note each time the guy jumps! That should bring a quite nice and funny effect.

While we're on the subject of finishing touches... I noticed that Qb's jumping movement reminded me a lot of Imagic's DJ Hopper. I would suggest that Andrew take a look at that game for a little inspiration. The bounce physics are really cute in that one, and it has idle animations that make the sprites feel more alive. Since he's got 1/2K to work with, he might be able to add more frames of animation.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment
Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698
Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/