Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:02:16 +0100
Andrew Davie wrote:
> The reorganisations I've made have, generally, been necessary to save
> memory.  I ran out of ROM long ago, and since then its been a matter of
> shaving, shaving, installing something, running out of memory, shaving
> shaving, etc.  Capabilities here and there have been whittled away as the
> need for extra memory has come.  I've tried to keep as much as possible, of
> course.
>
> Memory is very tight.  I have none left!  From now, to get extra memory I
> have to drop features/capabilities.

[snip]

> Did I say I was out of ROM?  Did I say I was out of RAM?
>
> Of course, I need some sounds.   I'll have to do some (MORE!) optimisation,
> and probably drop a frame or two of graphics.  Such is life.

Maybe I could help you, but I would need your commented source to do so.
Looking at the previous version with DiStella, I found some places where optimizations should be possible.

So, if you want help from others, please send your source too.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Die Fachpresse ist sich einig: WEB.DE 18mal Testsieger! Kostenlos E-Mail,
Fax, SMS, Verschlüsselung, POP3, WAP....testen Sie uns! http://freemail.web.de

-