Re: [stella] Qb: v1.01 TITLE SCREEN!

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.01 TITLE SCREEN!
From: Kurt.Woloch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:56:50 +0100
Andrew Davie wrote:

>Well, I finally managed to scrape enough bytes back to install a title
>screen!   194 bytes, to be exact.... a bit more expensive than I planned.
>I'll see if I can reduce that, as I have nothing at all left.

Looking good...

However, are you sure you're doing the correct number of scanlines on the
screens where the title picture "folds up" from the top? When I run it in
Z26, it appears to fold the picture ABOVE the screen that was there
previously, which, I think, is not what a real 2600 would do (or is that
intentional?)
Also, in most games, the demo mode ends when the player loses a life. Here
it doesn't lose a life. Instead it's jumped on by an enemy and still jumps
around vitally after that... ;-)

A cool idea, maybe, for the player when losing a life would be to "go up in
heaven" by shifting up the player data like it's done with the score points
when it eats a fruit (while of course still shaking around). Would that eat
up much space?

With love (and many pictures to unfold)
Kurt Woloch

-