Re: [stella] Qb: v1.01 TITLE SCREEN!

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.01 TITLE SCREEN!
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 00:48:01 +1100
>         ldy #-3
>  .loop:
>         sta WSYNC
>         sta VSYNC               ; enable/disable vertical synch
>         iny
>         bmi .loop
>         tya                     ; or: asl
>         beq .loop               ;  bmi .loop

Thanks for those suggestions.  You seem to latch on to the same sections of
code that I have been reworking... perhaps because there's not that much
code... but anyway, I'd already replaced this section with...

        ldy #4

;        lda #D1                ; D1 already in A
Synch   sta WSYNC
        sta VSYNC               ; start vertical synch
        dey
        bne Synch

        sty VSYNC

It *appears* to work OK, though it is a bit different to the original code.
But at 11 bytes, its 1 byte smaller than your suggestion.  I hope it works
on the real thing.

Cheers

> >         sta VSYNC               ; enable/disable vertical synch
> >         dey
> >         bne .loop
> >         tya                  ; or asl
> >         beq .loop         ;   bmi .loop
> [snip]
>
> Sorry, that code is wrong, you might have noticed that
> already. Here is the (I hope :) correct one:
>
>         ldy #-3
>  .loop:
>         sta WSYNC
>         sta VSYNC               ; enable/disable vertical synch
>         iny
>         bmi .loop
>         tya                     ; or: asl
>         beq .loop               ;  bmi .loop
>
> Have fun!
> Thomas
> Thomas Jentzsch         | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
> tjentzsch at web dot de |
>

> -

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v

-