[stella] Qb: Final Version (2.15)

Subject: [stella] Qb: Final Version (2.15)
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:53:28 +1100
Barring any major bugs/glitches, here is the final version of Qb.  Version
is 2.15
Attached are, as usual, STELLA, PAL and NTSC versions.  Also included, the
source code.

The goblet thingy has now been changed to a strawberry, in line with the new
way that grabbing fruit works... you need to get the fruit in order (and if
you're in-sequence, you'll see points floating up after you gobble).  If you
get all 4 fruit in the right order, you will get an extra life.  If you're
out of order, you just get 50 pts/fruit.  The game keeps track of the order
across screens, so you can do one or two fruit on one level, and get the
rest on the next level.  Thus, getting lives is significantly harder, but
still possible for a player who knows what to do.  If you munch an
out-of-order fruit, you've got to start the sequence again.

I have had a long think (and play) with the sound possibilities, and feel
that there is simply not enough space/time available for me to significantly
improve the sound.  I know this will disappoint some.  If you want to have a
play with the source code, and can save me 40-50 bytes... THEN I'll have
another play with things and see what I can do :)

This is the version I expect to send for release at the PhillyClassic in
April.   Have at it!

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/
http://www.atari2600.org/qb.html                              @--> v