Re: [stella] Super Fast Scrolling

Subject: Re: [stella] Super Fast Scrolling
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:24:03 +1000
This is a fairly meaningless question.  The answer is, as fast as you want
to scroll 'em.   Scrolling depends on frame rate (which on the 2600 is
50/60fps) and upon your BG update - which can be from 40 pixels/frame (ie:
one screen/frame - any higher is fairly meaningless) way down to 1 pixel
every eternity.  Basically, you will get any speed you want, because
scrolling playfield graphics is not really the limiting factor.
There is no hardware scroll, if that's what you're asking.  You have to do
it all manually by changing what you write to the PF registers.
Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/
http://www.atari2600.org/qb.html                              @--> v