Re: Re: Aw: [stella] Calling all...

Subject: Re: Re: Aw: [stella] Calling all...
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:25:14 -0400

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> I don't know, but I remember sending a PAL VCS to Chris a long time
> ago. And since he is the one doing the A/V mods, he might be able
> to try to modify it too. (That is after he has finished his countless
> other projects first of course. ;-) ) If a modified PAL VCS works on
> a NTSC TV, it should work the the other way around too.

DOH!  Yet another project added to the list.  :P

Though I think this one may be destined.  I thought I had lost the PAL
VCS, but just about 2 weeks ago, I found it hiding in the empty shell of
a heavy sixer!  Don't ask me how it got in there.  The case was screwed
shut, etc.  Weird, huh?  :)

Speaking of projects, here's a little update.

2600 AV Mod is on hold.  I ran into a roadblock and didn't have time to
solve the problem during school.  Hopefully will get back to it in a
couple of weeks.

Thesis:  I have bare TIA dice (silicon chips) in hand, both with and
without the top metal layer.  Will hopefully get complete photographs
and video next week.

Combat Two boards:  I have most parts on order, my cheap source for 22v10's
dried up, so I'm trying to retrofit a 20v8 onto the board.  We'll see how
it goes.  Should wrap up in a couple of weeks.

I might try to get the 2600/7800 touchpad controller ready for CGE, but
it's a stretch with everything else that has to happen this summer.

That's about it.

Is anyone here going to CGE 2K1?

-Chris

-