Re: [stella] Introduction and new game

Subject: Re: [stella] Introduction and new game
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 19:15:30 -0400
At 08:15 PM 6/8/01 +0200, Manuel did say:
The source doesn't compile, there's references like 'PF_Score' missing.
I assume you've put that into vcs.h or somewhere else.

Sorry about that. I assumed that most of the readers of the list would have the header file from Nick Bensema's site.

You can get it at http://www.io.com/~nickb/atari/doc/vcs.h.

To help with your problem, have you tried this:
    sta GRP1
    NOP
    stx GRP1
in the DrawWestEastCards loop?

*laugh* Of all the things I tried, this was one I forgot! I had actually done it while I was experimenting, but it always caused the timing to be such that the suit ended up displayed as the rank too. Basically, the NOP was always too late.

It works, though. Thank you!

If that doesn't the trick I'd suggest to try this:
Instead of doing:
GRP0    GRP0    GRP1    GRP1
Try either this:
GRP0    GRP1    GRP0    GRP1

That's what I had done originally. However, in order to support this, I had to change the color of player 0 and player 1 twice each in every scanline. (This is to deal with instances such as where West's card is a diamond and East's is a spade.) This means two extra LDA statements to load the appropriate colors and four extra STA statements. There wasn't enough time - at least in my first attempts - particularly between the cards.

Again, thanks for your help!

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/