[stella] Timing blues...

Subject: [stella] Timing blues...
From: "Christopher Rydberg" <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:39:38 -0000
Hey,

Erik. Thanks for the reply. As it turns out I figured all that out about 15 minutes after I mailed the Stella list. I changed the timer to 1/5 of a second and then realzed my routine only checked the format of the screen I told it to draw. It sucked. I am trying another route though. I think it ultimately will suffer from the same problem, but it's a good excercise in programming to help me cut my teeth a bit. A complete PAL frame uses only 99.23% of the cycles that a complete NTSC frame uses. I'm going to try and figure a way to measure usage to figure format. I suspect it's completely impossible, but I never give up after only 13 or 14 failures. I usually wait for around 3 or 400. I'll keep everyone posted. Later.

Christopher Rydberg solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx afterlife.100megsfree4.com