Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Maze Craze and 650x

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Maze Craze and 650x
From: Paul Slocum <paul-slocum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:41:19 -0500

This brings to mind an idea I've had for a while but haven't actually
tried implementing.  Is it possible to use a multiple-branching kernel
via an indirect jump to time RESPx writes without having to use an
entire scanline to position an object?

I was actually planning on attempting this in my new game. I've using an asymmetrical playfield, and I need to reposition one of the player graphics several times during the screen draw. I couldn't really think of any other way to do it.

It's going to be especially tricky, because I'm doing an asymmetrical playfield in reflect mode. So the second write of PF2 has to land right on the exact cycle.

It's going to be a little while until I get to this part of the coding, but I'll let you know how it goes.

-Paul

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/