Re: [stella] disassembly requests

Subject: Re: [stella] disassembly requests
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:31:11 +0200
Glenn wrote:
> I was going to ask the list if they could disassemble Indy 500 and Surround,
> because my Death Race game is really the merging of the two.

Attached to this mail you'll find my disassembly of
Surround. It's not complete, but the whole playfield
stuff should be done.

This code looks a bit to me like my own first
spaghetti coding attempts. Maybe I don't understand
everything, but a lot of parts are at least strange.
I know the 650x was very new when this game was done,
and this could be one of the first things that Alan
Miller did. That would explain a lot... :)

I'm sure, with all the knowledge we have now, many
things could be coded much more efficient, and I'm
afraid that this code doesn't help very much today.

Disassembling Starmaster and River Raid was much more
fun and I doubt, if I'll ever complete this.

Maybe I'll try Pitfall! now, or look into Quadrun to
find the speech code. (I remember somebody did something
with speech here, was this based on Quadrun code or
done form scratch?)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |