Re: [stella] disassembly requests

Subject: Re: [stella] disassembly requests
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:06:53 +0200
> Maybe I'll try Pitfall! now, or look into Quadrun to
> find the speech code. (I remember somebody did something
> with speech here, was this based on Quadrun code or
> done form scratch?)

I guess that was me. My code was written from scratch. The
VCS part isn't that difficult. You just have to set one
of the audio control registers to constant high and then
feed the sample data to it's volume register at a constant
rate.

The tricky part is to convert the sample data to 4 bit
values with a pretty low speed. I didn't do that too well
and therefore no one was able to understand what the
program said. That is why this guy, who renames all ROMs
with way too long filenames, called my program something
that had absolutely nothing to do with it. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-