Re: [stella] Supercharger and the 7800

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger and the 7800
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:38:18 +0200
> Eckhard, does this break compatibility with any 2600 carts like the NTSC
> version did on some 7800's? I believe 2600 Dark Chambers was the problem
cart
> in the NTSC version.

As I've said, the circuit in question is pretty much the same as
in the NTSC version. Only the parts have been placed differently
on the board. Therefore I'm assuming that the same type of problems
would apply.

A friend of mine from Australia, who tried this modification too,
reported that he had problems with his copy of Stargate afterwards.
However my copies of Stargate, Defender 2 and Dark Chambers still
work nicely on my modified 7800. Considering that both games are
using SARA RAM, I would assume that the problem has something to
do with the Superchip board. But since all my other Superchip games
still work too, it might only affect certain revisions of this
board.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-