Re: [stella] Silly game idea

Subject: Re: [stella] Silly game idea
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:44:33 -0400
At 12:06 PM 10/22/01 -0400, B. Watson wrote:
I was thinking that your mission in this game is to protect something by
pushing the birds away from it... or else you have to guide the birds into
picking up something for you. I'm trying to move away from the whole
`shooting stuff & killing it' kind of game... [...] Anyway, I was hoping for some feedback... does it look like it might make a good game? Does it stink? Somewhere in between?

I like the concept. Trying to get the birds to move away from something or toward something sounds like an interesting challenge and a nice diversion from a standard shooter. It's rather original.

I think that with the sprites as big as they are in your sample, you won't be able to put much else in the screen. If you plan on having more than a couple of birds, plus some things they are avoiding, the sprites will need to be smaller.

I'm also not sure there's a need to have a player down at the bottom of the screen since you will always concentrate on the crosshair. One alternative is to have the player involved in the field, "pushing" birds somehow. Repulsor beams? :)

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/