RE: [stella] game ideas

Subject: RE: [stella] game ideas
From: Dan Iacovelli <Dan-AVC@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:05:07 -0600
At 04:40 PM 10/30/2001 -0500, you wrote:
Not related to these ideas but...

I was thinking the other day that a good game to port to the 2600 would be
the Atari 8-bit game called Cavern's of Mars. For anyone not familier with
this game, it's similar to Scramble or Super Cobra, but instead of the
screen scrolling right to left it scrolled from the bottom up, as if you
ship was flying down into a deep pit. Targets appeared on ledges along the
way and your ship could shoot straight down to destroy them. This game would
be particualarly well suited to the 2600 because your sprite object would
rarely line up horizontally across the screen, making it real easy to have a
lot of objects on the screen without flicker.

Dan

Dan B,
I remember that game I use to play it at high school (my earth science teacher had a atari 800
computer in the class room) that was a cool game.

it would be cool to see a 2600 version of it.
Dan I

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/