[stella] Zero-Page Memory Addressing.. (Still a newbie, but getting there.)

Subject: [stella] Zero-Page Memory Addressing.. (Still a newbie, but getting there.)
From: "Joel Park" <joelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:01:51 -0500
I looked over the archives but didn't quite get the answer I was looking
for,  sorry if this is a repeat question...

If my assumptions are correct, this message might help other newbies
understand what they have to work with..

This question stems from the fact that I don't have any experience in
assembler.  So I'm learning from books and the web.
I was messing around with the Adventure code last night and something
finally clicked.  The entire program more or less all located within F000 to
FFFF that's like the entire 4K cart..  (Side note: Aparently Adventure uses
all but like 10 bytes of this.)   Looks like it's possible to access any
part of that 4K using Absolute memory accessing..  That makes perfect sense
to me now... Absolute Addressing is 1 click slower right?

My question is about Zero-Page Addressing.   Any thing in zero-page is
accessed with single bytes, that's easy.  But where is this Zero-Page stuff
located??   Is it allready built into the Atari somewhere, instead of on the
cart??   What is the size of the Zero-Page I've seen variables defined
usually set in the &80 range..

Thanks, I'm sorry again if this is a total repeat.