Re: [stella] Gunfight Music & Bugfixes

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight Music & Bugfixes
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:00:43 +0100
Manuel wrote:
> As for the Tune tool: Thomas, could you make it search
> three sets of notes at once?
>
> Let's say you start it with /nc5d5e5 then it'd be cool
> if it'd automatically search for /nc4d4e4 and /nc3d3e3
> too, so one could see if there's a region where the
> error is minimal, so one can eventually transpose parts
> of the tune up or down in case.

The algorithm only searches for relative notes, so it transposes automatically up and down (this is limited by the /f parameter, default 100% = 1 ocatve).

So, when you enter /nc4d4e4 /f100 it searches the whole spectrum from c3 up to c5 for the first note. With /f200 this would be c2 up to c6. The final result shows an error value, which should give some information about the quality of the match.

I have no idea, what you mean with transposing *parts* up or down. Wouldn't that sound awful?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Berufsunfähigskeitversicherung von Mamax bei WEB.DE.
Jetzt informieren! http://bu.web.de