RE: [stella] Joystick Port Baud rate...

Subject: RE: [stella] Joystick Port Baud rate...
From: Chad Schell <gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:14:11 -0800

For the project I've in mind, that rate would already
allow me passing the first k.o. criteria :-)

Keep in mind that at 38.4k you have very little time to do anything else. You certainly can't keep an active, controlled display running while downloading at 38.4k.

Let's try it this way:

I need to secure two separate circuits parted via an
optical interface, since the signal I intend to feed is
not produced by voltage, but by current swing.

There are other ways to convert a current signal to a voltage signal (including a resistor). Actually it's the current response of a photo diode that it is typically used and then converted to a voltage. So you'll most likely end up with a current to voltage convertor on the output side anyway. But there are other reasons for using an opto-isolator, so I'll assume you know what you're doing.

Chad
Chad Schell
gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Like the Atari 2600?  Check out the Cuttle Cart.
http://www.schells.com/cuttlecart.shtml