RE: [stella] Joystick Port Baud rate...

Subject: RE: [stella] Joystick Port Baud rate...
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 02:34:37 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Manuel Polik wrote:

> Well, almost. My name is spelled ManuEl :-)

Hi Manuel,

I'm so sorry.  I have a student whose name is Manual.
So I misspelled your name from habit.  Oops!

> Since I'm no hardware guy at all, here's an idea to
> provide 'A few cycles more'(Hehe) :
>
> - Maybe it's possible to turn the serial MIDI signal
>   into sort of a parallel one?
>
> - Maybe I then could feed a whole byte at once into
>   SWCHA by combinig both Joystick ports?

Yeah, this is a basic UART.  You can buy them, I think,
but building one is pretty trivial.  Is the MIDI frequency
exactly 32 kHz, or is is 32.768 kHz?  Not that it matters
that much for something like MIDI...

> Does this make any sense to you hardware guys? :-)

It makes perfect sense. :)

-Chris